Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Just in from Uncle traveling Curt.

" We are starting to reassemble the engine now. I have had to replace the main bearings, the camshaft, the exhaust valves, the turbo core, front and rear engine oil seals, complete valve-lifters assembly, head gasket, exhaust gasket, oil pump gears,. Basically anything that moves…. I am still trying to figure out what as the cause of all this mess. Here is what I have come up with:
1) Mechanic who did the overhaul in Argentina may have installed something incorrectly in the process blocking a oil galley way.
2) When head gasket blew first time, the engine also over heated as a result – these two events may have wrecked the lubrication of my oil.
3) When mechanic who installed the second head gasket put it on incorrectly and 20L of water went into my oil system, the mechanic did not replace the oil, but only drained off the water.
Any thoughts?
I am hoping to have it running by Friday evening."


No comments: